Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a trailblazing legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the 1.8 billion people who are left out of, or poorly served by, the financial sector. For more than 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 200 partners in 63 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
This Analyst position will support three components: Project Assignments, Proposals & Business Development, and Internal Business Practices. During the first year of the IMPACT program, the Analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure and experience in different technical (capability) areas. The Analyst will have the opportunity to obtain hands-on project experience that will include a learning agenda tailored for that individual. The general responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in project assignments designed to identify and define issues, review, and analyze evidence, and document business processes. Prepare working papers to support results of engagements.
- Contribute to the development of project plans including but not limited to the following: supporting the development of fieldwork task schedules, scheduling and preparing for workshops and interviews, gathering documentation, and liaising with client staff.
- Learn more about client business conditions by supporting interviews with client management to gain an understanding of client business conditions.
- Conduct market scans and analyze key trends (regulation, technological changes, competition, etc.) to identify market opportunities or risks and threats. Compile findings in country dossiers and presentations.
- Provide support to the team in the coordination and communication of the results of consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Participate in the drafting of reports and the presentation of the reports to senior advisor(s) for review.
- Other related projects and learning opportunities as assigned.
Proposals and Business Development:
- Learn about and support end-to-end the proposal development and submission process.
- Engage in networking events related to GLAS service offerings.
Internal Business Practices:
- Support internal innovation through active engagement in the identification and recommendation of innovative solutions to improve internal work processes.
- Other work duties as assigned.
First year IMPACT agenda will include:
- The opportunity to meet with regional heads to discuss business trends and current projects.
- Participate in a Problem/Solution Challenge.
- Be introduced to and have the ability obtain learning opportunities in each GLAS capability area.
- Learn about different areas within Accion including the Center for Financial Inclusion, Accion Ventures, and Accion Emerge.
- Mentee/Mentor opportunity
- Passion for the social sector and keenness toward technology-enabled business models.
- Experience of 4 (or more) years in a reputed consulting organization or fintech or financial services provider.
- MBA or equivalent experience in the infotech, financial services, or social sector is preferred.
- Innovative mindset and fresh perspective to the design and development of new and existing business models to support clients in achieving breakthrough results.
- Ability to study and quickly understand business processes, team dynamics, and customer needs.
- Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions.
- Curious mindset & demonstrated initiative to learn the developments in fintech and financial inclusion domain, an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent people skills and experience with multi-cultural environments are preferred.
- Proven multi-tasking skills with a positive, can-do attitude and an approach of “every job is important.”
- Team player who enjoys working in a semi/unstructured environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French or Spanish is a bonus.
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated fluency in financial modeling tools such as Excel.
- Ability to create visually appealing presentations.
- Willingness to travel (30-40%).
- Interest in our mission and working globally.