LemFi (YC S21) is building the neobank for the African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
The role of Compliance Analyst, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance, is a fully remote entry-level position within LemFi’s global Compliance team. In this role, you should have general knowledge of standard global AML/CFT compliance program requirements and best practices. The ideal candidate should have a background of 1 year in AML compliance operations involving simplified or enhanced due diligence (EDD), transaction monitoring, and general case investigations related to red-flag behaviors or suspicious activities.
Important note: this role will require occasional rotating evening and/or weekend shifts. You must be willing to fulfill this if assigned.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Review and decision transaction monitoring, customer verification, and sanctions screening alerts;
- Perform enhanced due diligence on higher-risk customers, and provide recommendations on the customer relationship to the Compliance Officer;
- Perform the first review of customers, transactions, or activities displaying or indicating red flags or unusual activity, and escalate as necessary to the relevant compliance teams;
- Fulfill due diligence requests as issued by LemFi’s payments or banking partners;
- Respond to compliance-related customer support tickets;
- Develop standard operating procedures and other vital documentation for various compliance-related responsibilities;
- Engage in cross-functional responsibilities and assist the Compliance Officers where needed.
- Actively develop and maintain knowledge of AML and criminal trends, methods, and typologies, and subsequently apply these to the assessment of customer identification, verification, and behavioral data to identify unusual activity;
Who You Are:
You are a candidate who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours, where we readily accept individuals with a humble, yet uplifting attitude alongside a diligent sense of work ethic. The teams here at Lemonade Finance are passionate about their work and fields of expertise, but also lend hands on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
What You’ll Need:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience;
- 1 year of experience in a compliance role at a fintech or financial institution;
- Familiarity and experience with daily operational compliance responsibilities such as KYC and ID verification, EDD, and transaction monitoring clearing and decisions;
- The ability to act independently in analyzing a customer’s risk;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or Google Sheets;
- Excellent analytical, investigative, verbal, and written communication skills, particularly in English;
- Exceptional organizational skills and fine attention to detail;
- Ability to balance competing priorities daily, take ownership of work product in the absence of continuous guidance, and consistently deliver results;
- Adaptability to global operational needs and ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.