Our client is a youth network developed to enhance digital citizenship among youth from underrepresented communities worldwide. Their youth network has expanded to include over 200 members across 60 countries, all of whom began their digital ecosystem involvement through their initiatives, seeks to hire a Communication and Community Lead to provide robust support in managing the daily communications and community activities of the business. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to overseeing their communication channels, managing the community, and coordinating community activities to ensure the organization is closely connected to all stakeholders. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for fostering community engagement and maintaining effective communication strategies. Also, the candidate will serve as a dependable point of contact between the internal organization and the external, offering constructive contributions to the organization’s branding.
- Narrative Crafting: Develop and amplify stories that mirror our community.
- Engagement: Ensure two-way communication, amplifying voices in sync with the company’s mission.
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly with their community and various external stakeholders.
- Strategic Communication: Navigate their communication using milestones and digital trends.
- Design: Provide design expertise by creating an organizational brand guide for efficient communication.
This Role Will Involve:
- Managing Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Crafting Monthly Newsletters
- Designing reports and creative content
- Managing Community Communication and Engagement
- Supporting Stakeholder Communication
- Curating Blog Content
- Assisting with Organisational Documentation
- Proven experience in operational management or a similar role. At least 2 years.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Strong design and editorial skills.
- Excellent social media management skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities.
- Ability to identify and address gaps and inefficiencies in the community.
- Skilled in leading communication agendas, planning and meeting deadlines.
- Competence in managing online events and public speaking.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Adept at reporting and communicating progress to senior management.