Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90-plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Reporting And Management
This post will primarily report to the Communications Manager, and to the Knowledge Management and Dissemination Manager for specific tasks.
The key responsibilities of the Digital Comms and KM Specialist are detailed below. These are not exhaustive and may change as the programme grows and evolves.
- Digital Communications
- Support the development of a digital communications strategy that aligns with the overall communications and knowledge management strategy of the programme.
- Develop and design tailored digital content plans for the programme’s social media channels including but not limited to X, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube and ensure consistency of messaging across channels.
- Curate and source appropriate and compelling content including infographics and videos, while engaging with staff and partners to generate on-demand content.
- Co-design and deliver social media campaigns (in line with the programme campaign calendar) to support the programme’s wider objectives and help raise awareness and drive action on key thematic issues.
- Support with identifying and working with influencers among staff, partners and the wider public across the themes of agriculture, climate change, environmental action, forestry, and biodiversity.
- Plan and produce multimedia and audio-visual content including infographics, short compelling videos and blogs for the programme’s digital channels and work with the wider programme team to grow an online photo and video library.
- Support the planning and delivery of virtual events organised by the programme such as webinars and X spaces and manage the setup and live streaming of hybrid events.
- Support the development and production of quarterly e-newsletters and other interactive resources on the programme’s digital channels including social media and the programme website.
- Co-manage the programme website and ensure regular updates of relevant content on the website.
- Support in monitoring trends and tracking of engagements on the programme’s digital channels (social media, website, e-newsletter) and analyse relevant communications data and insights to inform plans, content curation and quality assurance.
- Knowledge Management
- Support the development and design of communications and knowledge products including but not limited to success stories, blogs, learning papers, case studies, factsheets, etc.
- Liaise with the MERL and KM Managers to harness data and insights to inform the design of evidence-based content suitable for the various digital channels, particularly posts for social media.
- Support the planning and delivery of learning events and other knowledge-sharing events organised by the programme.
- Contribute to the development/refinement of information management systems (i.e. email systems, electronic and hard-copy filing and retrieval systems, intranet, extranet and other ICT solutions appropriate to Propcom+’s needs) to meet current internal knowledge management and adaptive learning needs.
- Develop monthly/quarterly/yearly work plans with other members of the MERL, Communications and Knowledge Management Team.
- Carry out additional tasks as requested by the Communications and Knowledge Management Managers and the MERL Director.
- The Digital Comms and KM Specialist should have an A degree in a relevant discipline such as Communications or another related field.
- At least 3 years of communications experience in agricultural-related programmes.
- Excellent graphics design skills. Proficiency in the use of various graphics and infographic design apps (E.g. Canva,
- Adobe Creative Suite) is highly desirable.
- Ability to use basic video editing software tools to produce short videos.
- Proven knowledge and experience in digital content curation and website management.
- Great skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa is an added advantage.