Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. With flexible solutions, carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon operates in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, Europe, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled Social Media Manager. You must be passionate about improving customer lives and using your software and systems engineering skills to build up, mentor others, and empower the teams in Carbon to fulfill their goals.
You will create and apply visual styles based on established brand guidelines. We seek a self-starter with advanced knowledge of design concepts and tools, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas within ambitious timelines, and you will report to the Senior Content Manager.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement a social media strategy that aligns with business goals.
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI.
- Independently generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news) using AI tools like Canva AI for content creation.
- Collaborate with other teams, like customer service, to ensure brand consistency.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor customer reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Set KPIs for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares, reach, or likes, and measure a campaign’s performance against these KPIs.
- Work independently on content creation for social media to improve organic traffic and organic app downloads.
- Increase the number of followers by creating original content and improving interactions, likes, and brand awareness on social media.
- Be proactive in identifying and leveraging new trends in social media and digital marketing to benefit the brand.
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager.
- Hands-on experience in content management and independence in content creation.
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Familiarity with web design and proficiency in using AI tools like Canva for content creation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Nigerian market dynamics and digital banking trends.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Creative mindset with a strong sense of initiative and innovation in digital marketing strategies.