Job Description | About the Role
The Product Manager ascertains what’s next for the product. Head of Product is a visionary who is also rich with applied experience. We’re looking for someone will work cross-functionally with engineering, growth, and marketing to bring unique value-based features to market across B2B2C.
This role moves at a fast pace while maintaining excellent quality and a positive working attitude to strategize the Fabulous product roadmap.
Expectations | Duties
Outreach and Data Accumulation
- Connect with users: dig into user data, both qualitative and quantitative
- Ascertains trends while being a champion for user-first experiences
- Collaborate with researchers, data scientists, and business development teams to understand user needs and identify new product opportunities.
- Immerse yourself in the psychology, pain points and behavior of users to develop strong intuition about solutions that will work for them.
- Develop compelling roadmaps and metric targets that keep us on track towards our desired goals and continuously measure progress towards them.
Lead product ideation and prioritization within a key product area.
- Evaluate ideas and lead product prioritization and releases
- Have a consistent pipeline of fresh ideas that can help move the needle, through user research/feedback, driving brainstorms sessions, and doing competitive research
- Ruthlessly prioritize these ideas in a robust, data-informed way, with an aim to have the most impact with limited resources – time, engineering resources, user volume, etc.
Leverage data to drive product development and experimentation.
- Lead a cross-functional team through the product development cycle–UI/UX, engineering, QA, and data analysis.
- Be the overall point-person to build compelling products and features for users.
- Write design documents and web updates for new content/features/initiatives with input from curriculum, design & engineering partners.
- Initiate data-driven experimentation and analysis on new products and features.
Qualifications | Requirements
- 8+ years of relevant product management experience:
- Experience in a prior startup or other high-ambiguity environment
- Prior consumer-facing product development experience, ideally with mobile or subscription-based products
- Prior experience with psychology-based products, gamification, or other user behavior-oriented apps
Additional PM skills we highly value:
- Consumer user empathy & perspective
- Driving strategy & big-picture thinking
- Experience with data analysis, metrics, and goal-setting
- Analytical dexterity a.k.a. critical problem solving
- Scrappy–execution & outcome-focused
- Curious and teachable