Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices.
We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
- Be responsible for all due diligence record keeping processes, data analytics and MI reporting
- Utilize banking systems to investigate and research transactional information to ensure that financial crimes requirements are met
- Effectively collaborate with key internal stakeholders -Internal Audit, Data Analytics, Legal, and Fraud teams in handling investigations, setting up controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Support in areas relating to AML/CFT, KYC, Fraud and AB&C policies
- Assist the law enforcement agencies in financial crime investigations, fact-finding, transaction monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of the Nigeria compliance program and wider governance in addressing international, systemic issues and risks consistently.
- Support the Head of Compliance to coordinate and roll out training & awareness across key areas under the financial crime umbrella as well as conduct in developing a strong compliance culture
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks across financial services, specifically the payment service provider landscape, In-depth knowledge of financial crime (not isolated to AML/CTF) and regulatory compliance
- Evidence of ACAMS/ICA/ACFCS certification
- Previous experience in dealing with regulators including the Financial Conduct Authority and other external stakeholders/law enforcement
- Effective and comfortable in dealing with and liaising with a range of internal stakeholders across the business
- Previous experience in scaling up and working for a start-up in a fast-paced Fintech environment
- In depth experience in implementing compliance frameworks that are scaling globally
- Display a high level of emotional intelligence, good communication & interpersonal skills.
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option