Kora is a payment infrastructure. We offer plug-and-play payment solutions for businesses to launch a tailored payment experience for their customers.
Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day, is to create a world void of digital financial barriers across Africa. We are committed to delivering reliable, secure, and easy-to-use digital financial solutions to every single customer with a guarantee that it is improving their lives.
We strongly believe in our ability to find Water in the Desert and pick the Sands in the Ocean.
We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
Here are a couple of things you’ll be doing:
- Create and maintain our external and internal web apps.
- Collaborate with other engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy production-ready code.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production.
- You’ll review code and ensure best practices are employed in our web apps to ensure they’re maintainable.
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guides decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them.
- 3-5 years experience as a Frontend Engineer at a Fintech, tech start-up, and/or high-scaling startup and/or fast-paced and hyper-growth environment.
- Experience with unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries.
- Experience with modern browser technologies.
- Experience with using REST APIs and integrating them properly within frontend applications
- A passion for great user experience and is obsessed with bringing product designs to life, even the tiny details.
- An eye for details and pays great attention, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, security, and maintainability for our frontend applications.
- The ability to work effectively with a team of Product Managers, Product Designers, and other Engineers.
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude
Technologies we use:
- React, Redux, React-Query
- Jest and React Testing Library
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Sponsored and Tailored training
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Style
- Internet Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
- The opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team-building something great!